Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Garden Project - The Beginning

Gardener - One who tends to a garden for pleasure or hire.

So a gardener I am not!  I grew up with a garden that my mom worked; I remember helping out occasionally.  I tried my hand at this gardening thing a few years ago to much less than a success.  According to my now husband - the pig weeds were taller than the sweet corn I planted.  Now that may have been true but like everyone my life, job and summer got in the way of my gardening dreams! 


I now have married into a gardening family.  My mother-in-law is a GREAT gardener; like those you only hear about in story tales!  This year she is planting 29 tomato plants - to me that is CRAZY!  So my husband has very high gardening dreams to say the least. 

Those dreams came true last night as we planted the first three rows of the garden.  We have a row of potatoes - a row of onions - a row of lettuce/carrots.  We will see how this goes!  But at least these early varieties are in the ground and the weather seems perfect for a great growing season!  



I will keep you updated on the growth and as we plant the rest!  On the list are tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and melons.  Any advice will always be appreciated!  Commence - Wynn Garden 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment